Wednesday, April 9, 2014

For The First Time In Forever

Hello, my name is Jamie and I love to travel. Ever since I was a child I have had a passion for traveling and discovering places I've never been to before. There is so much beauty in this world and I want to see it all. As my first step in seeing the world, I have joined a criminal justice class that will give me the opportunity to travel abroad to London, England. After countless visits to multiple areas of my college, I finally made it happen. It is crazy to think that in 32 days I will be in London. I have traveled to 23 states in the United States of America, but I have never been outside of the country. As every minute inches closer my excited increases. I am psyched to see all that London has to offer.
My teacher has informed me that this trip will not give me the opportunity to see everything, but it will give me the greater desire and confidence to visit Europe and even other countries again in the future. We will be visiting for two weeks and I plan on seeing as much as I can before my return home. One thing I am looking forward to is having the chance to see all of the history they have. The U.S. is a baby compared to the rest of the world and I look forward to experiencing the culture that has grown over the years. Information I have found has noted that London was founded around 43 A.D. which tells me that they have been growing for nearly two thousand years compared to the two hundred forty years of the United States.
One feature I am particularly looking forward to is visiting the Globe Theater. I have always been interested in theater and William Shakespeare is a classic. Just knowing that he stood there and preformed his shows in that theater is amazing and I may even have a fan-girl moment while there. I am also excited to see common attractions such as Big Ben and Buckingham Palace, hopefully involving a sighting of The Queen. This trip has so much to offer and I hope I make the most of every moment I have while there. For the first time in forever, I will be able to travel abroad, experience the history, and learn about how different cultures are. As a psychology major, I am extremely interested in viewing first hand the different interactions I see and getting a better understanding of their culture and ideas to compare them to that of the U.S. As I start this journey I hope you all wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment