Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Home Stretch

Hello again!
In four days I will be on a plane to London! I am nervous, excited, stunned, and not sure how ready I am. I have begun my packing and am ready to embark on this journey, yet there is still an ounce of fear inside. New things are always intimidating and this is definitely something very new for me. To help me deal with this fear I have begun to think about globalization. Globalization is the process of international integration arising from the interchange of world views, products, ideas, and other aspects of culture. As I prepare for this journey it helps to expose myself to as much of English culture as I can before I get there. I hope that I can integrate into their magnificent culture even though I will only be there for two weeks. They have so many things I could learn and so much information to take in, and only a short time to gather it all. Globalization is something I think everyone should experience. Like I have said previously, every place is different and it is our differences that should make us stronger. If we take the time to work together and learn from one another, in this case learning from different countries and cultures, we can achieve so much in this world. Perhaps we have more similarities than differences, this is something I would like to explore when I get there. To view how different we really are or hopefully how similar we are. There will be many differences simply because it is a city and I currently live in a small town. But as far as our attitudes and beliefs I hope I can find similarities and ties that can connect our culture to the English culture. This trip will give me the opportunity to interact with people and study how things in their country work. I am so excited to learn and explore their history and become a part of their culture. It will be very interesting trying to assimilate. It is like the common phrase says, "When in rome..." In this case, when in London do as the Londoners do. Hopefully trying to interact with them I can learn how they think and view things in their country as well as the world. This is a once in a lifetime experience and I am so thankful to have this opportunity.
Until next time! Cherrio!

No comments:

Post a Comment